The Hammer-it platform offers a simple and automated way to find you the best fit and the best price for your home renovation project. Through the auction technology, the quoting process is quick and transparent. However, you will achieve the best results if you follow some best practices listed below for the job seeker and handyman.
Best Practices: Job Seeker
- Provide as much information as you can inside the job description. Try to define your expectations related to material, size, color, and special requirements. No worries if you miss something, handypersons are able to ask specific questions within the job forum. At the same time, you only need to answer the questions once, as all answers are shared with the prospects.
- Use a combination of photos and videos to explain your needs. A video can often help a lot to understand your unique job requirements and help handypersons to come up with an accurate quote.
- Increase the quote collection period. Sometimes you require a quote as quickly as possible, but otherwise, ensure that handypersons have enough days to provide an accurate quote.
- Pre-select handyman based on your requirements. After you have published your job request, Hammer-it will automatically match it to suitable handypersons in your area. Nonetheless, you still have the option to manually review and invite handypersons to your job based on ratings or previous jobs. The handypersons will receive an automatic notification and can directly join your job request.
- Use public vs. private job requests. Sometimes you only want to invite previously selected handypersons to your job requests, but otherwise, always use the public option in order to receive as many quotes as possible.
Best Practices: Handyman
- Ask as many questions as necessary inside the job forum. Before submitting your first quote, ask any open questions inside the project forum in order to make an accurate offer. Here, you can also request additional pictures or videos from the job creator.
- Place the first quote in order to see the competitive information. After your first quote, you are able to see if your offer is WEAK (red), FAIR (yellow), or competitive (green), in comparison to the current best quote. Based on this information, you are able to make an educated decision if you want to lower your previous quote.
- Use both options to input your quote. You are able to input your quote inside the "Place Bid" field, or you can use the bidding scal in order to define your next bid accurately.
- Support. If you have any technical issues during the quoting process, please reach out to the support team. For questions related to the job, the job seeker is your first point of contact.